Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update

I'm well into my second full day as writer in residence at VIRL's downtown Nanaimo branch. I've received many great submissions and am looking forward to meeting the authors in the coming weeks.

I admit that because I haven't had a regular sort of job for several years now, I was a bit nervous. First, there's the dressing at least somewhat professionally part. Then there's the fact that regular offices do not general contain cots or other places to catch a quick, refreshing nap in the afternoon. I was worried that my incipient narcolepsy would kick in and I'd simply keel over at 3:00. So far, I've avoid that fate, much to my relief and that of the library's patrons.

As the specific workshops, times and locations are decided up, I'll post them here.

Library quote of the day:

"A good library will never be too neat, or too dusty, because somebody will always be in it, taking books off the shelves and staying up late reading them."
~Lemony Snicket

2 comments:

lisalou said...

This is very exciting!
I do hope you will be coming to Courtenay soon.

Susan Juby said...

Hi Lisalou,

A tentative date for my workshop in Courtenay is November 22nd. I'll post the workshops and locations on this blog as soon as I know them. They'll also be posted on the library's website.